Share this article
Google first Canadian Cloud Accelerator Cohort welcomes 12 startups
Table of Contents
The past year of the pandemic has demonstrated the importance of cloud technologies for businesses, governments, nonprofits and consumers. That’s why Google Accelerator (Google for startups) put out a call to Canadian startups for their inaugural Google Cloud Accelerator Canada program. This program offers a three-month digital accelerator program for high potential Seed to Series A tech startups based in Canada.
What is Google Accelerator for Startups? (Google for Startups)
Google Accelerator for Startups is designed to bring the best of Google’s programs, products, people and technology to startups that leverage machine learning and AI in their company today or plan to in the future. In addition to mentorship and technical project support, the accelerator (Google for startups) also includes deep dives and workshops focused on product design, customer acquisition and leadership development for startup founders and leaders.
Read more about Google for startups
Startups will Solve eCommerce and Customer experience related challenges to help restaurants survive
LOYALTY PROGRAMS TO SECURE THE SURVIVAL OF RESTAURANTS.
This is no secret: E-commerce has exploded since the begonning of the pandemic. Aside from customers already having a store or a product in mind, the website’s overall experience plays a big part in how many sales an e-store make. Restaurants have struggled particularly to adapt in the wake of COVID-19 due to the intimacy—and health risk—of a dine-in experience.
For the fortunate restaurants that made it through 2020 without having to close, it’s essential to not only attract new customers, but to keep your existing customers happy. One great way to do so, is to implement in a restaurant loyalty program.
Spoonity (Ottawa, ON): Loyalty programs are critical to securing the survival of restaurant businesses nowadays – be them small, midsize, or large. Spoonity offers high-quality end-to-end loyalty programs that integrate throughout the entire customer journey in order to create truly customizable loyalty experiences.
UEAT (Québec City, QC): UEAT is a smart online ordering system. It allows restaurateurs to create highly relevant, personalized and non-intrusive online ordering experiences for their customers. UEAT’s online ordering system gives restaurateurs access to their customer data and deep analytics.
Vantage (Toronto, ON): With Vantage, retailers can now safely unlock first party shopping data, analytics and marketing capabilities to the long tail of vendor brands to deliver personalized online ad and promotional experiences easily.
RELATED NEWS: Meet the inaugural Google Cloud Accelerator Canada class of 2021
Google reveals first Canadian cloud Accelerator Cohort
The inaugural cohort of Google for startups selected into Google Cloud Accelerator Canada are using technology to solve a wide range of complex challenges. From helping accelerate the low-carbon revolution in commercial real estate to improving the accessibility and safety of cities across the world, these 12 companies will join the first canadian Cloud Accelerator Cohort for the next 10 weeks to solve their most pressing technical and business needs.
Meet the 12 startups that will join the Google for Startups Program for the next 10-weeks:
- Audette (Victoria, BC): Audette is accelerating the low-carbon revolution in commercial real estate. Their platform allows large portfolio asset managers to plan their net-zero transitions and access capital from impact investors to make it happen.
- BioBox (Toronto, ON): BioBox is a data analytics platform designed for clinicians and scientists working with genomic data. The BioBox platform aims to enhance collaboration, accelerate projects and support scientists & labs through a lifetime of research. The seamless integration between end-to-end tools and NGS data provides scientists with the ability to rapidly analyze and explore their research on demand.
- Caribou (Toronto, ON): Healthcare is the biggest expense in retirement, the number one reason for bankruptcy, and is currently the top financial concern for North Americans – and yet, financial advisors are not equipped to incorporate healthcare into their financial planning process. Caribou is a healthcare planning and navigation solution for financial advisors to differentiate themselves, build deeper client relationships and be better life planners.
- GeoMate (Waterloo, ON): Everyday, there are 17 pedestrians and 2 cyclists killed in crashes with vehicles, and over 120,000 people fall or slip on sidewalks. Studies show that most of these accidents occur due to infrastructure problems, including poor curb cuts, lack of visibility, obstacles, narrow walkways, steep slopes, and so on. That’s where GeoMate comes in. GeoMate is a location intelligence platform that leverages AI to map the accessibility and safety of cities.
- Goose Insurance (Vancouver, BC): Goose Insurance is an Insurtech Challenger building a platform to solve consumer under-insurance. Through the Goose Insurance Super-App, consumers will be able to access up to 30 lines of insurance completely self-serve.
- loopt (Toronto, ON): loopt™ is an e-commerce platform that enables rental subscriptions for everyday items like fashion, furniture, toys, and more.
- nesto (Montreal, QC): nesto offers a positive, empowering and transparent home financing experience, simplified from start to finish.
- NURO (Waterloo, ON): NURO is the architect of the NUOS neurological platform allowing non-invasive communication and computing control by the brain.
- OpenHouse.ai (Calgary, AB): For homebuilders, OpenHouse.ai offers a scalable catalogue personalization platform that tailors the home buying experience to each unique individual. By leveraging AI-powered technology, the OpenHouse.ai platform predicts what home buyers need while providing powerful data to help home builders understand their unique market and their buyers; resulting in a 100% increase in online lead conversions and a 15% increase in sales velocity.
- Spoonity (Ottawa, ON): Loyalty programs are critical to securing the survival of restaurant businesses nowadays – be them small, midsize, or large. Spoonity offers high-quality end-to-end loyalty programs that integrate throughout the entire customer journey in order to create truly customizable loyalty experiences.
- UEAT (Québec City, QC): UEAT is a smart online ordering system. It allows restaurateurs to create highly relevant, personalized and non-intrusive online ordering experiences for their customers. UEAT’s online ordering system gives restaurateurs access to their customer data and deep analytics. These insights become the rock-solid foundation of any profitable restaurant’s marketing and operations.
- Vantage (Toronto, ON): Vantage helps retailers safely unlock their proprietary shopping data and better partner with brands on marketing. Most retailers only run analytics partnerships and collaborative marketing partnerships with a small percentage of their top brands. With Vantage, retailers can now safely unlock first party shopping data, analytics and marketing capabilities to the long tail of vendor brands to deliver personalized online ad and promotional experiences easily.
No comment yet, add your voice below!