It can be very tempting to only provide an email or contact form for visitors to reach you if they have questions. However, in this day and age of instant communication, they want an answer right this second.
Can your customers ask questions 24/7? Visitors who engage with a live chat, especially, expect a quick response.
I found these statistics:
- Customers who chat before purchasing have a 40% higher conversion rate.
- Live chat has the highest satisfaction levels for any customer service channel, with 73%, compared with 61% for email and 44% for phone.
- It is also 400% less expensive than phone support.
- Over 60% of millennials use live chat for questions.
Add a Live Chat if your store doesn’t already have one! What has been your experience with having (or not) a Live Chat on your site? Let me know in a comment below!
- Consumers prefer live chat for customer service: stats
- 4 Reasons Your eCommerce Store Should Have Live Chat
- Why Should E-Commerce Companies Use Live Chat?
*** This is a guest blog post by Matt Tanguay where he shares his numbers-backed findings in the form of Ecommerce conversion tips ***