18 Octobre 2021
#Business #Montreal #Startup #Tech
MTL+Ecommerce launches eCom Summit
Update: October 18, 2021
For immediate release-
MONTREAL, QC, October 18, 2021 – MTL+Ecommerce, the #1 Hub for eCommerce, Startup & Tech, launches eCom Summit ONLINE, a groundbreaking new event designed to explore the Future of Commerce, foster digital education & accelerate business networking. eCom summit will welcome attendees from Quebec, Canada and worldwide, from large retailers and brands, startups, technology companies, investors, media & digital experts.
eCom Summit will take place online on Wednesday-Friday, October 27-29, 2021 and will be Canada’s largest Online eCom Conference for 2021 for the rest of the year to get inspired, learn, connect and explore new ways of doing business.
eCom Summit ONLINE will complete MTL+ECOMMERCE Events series (in-person events) which have been canceled due to COVID-19 restrictions on large gatherings.
For three days, MTL+ECOMMERCE will offer a mix of conferences, talks, workshops, panels, fireside chats dedicated the future of Commerce and networking activities.
The event is supported by Shopify, the leading leading provider of essential internet infrastructure for commerce, offering trusted tools to start, grow, market, and manage a retail business of any size.
The sponsorship of eCom Summit is part of Shopify’s ongoing commitment to support retailers and entrepreneurial companies in Quebec and in Canada.
“Shopify is excited to continue its long-standing partnership with MTL+ Ecommerce and support them in furthering their impact – build and grow a strong community of entrepreneurs, retailers, digital professionals and change makers to create the future of Commerce.” says Alison Leung, Head of eCommerce, Shopify
“eCom Summit will provide a platform for the entire Canadian retail & tech ecosystem to come together to explore the future of Commerce, learn the latest digital strategies and to unlock unparalleled business opportunities. This online is a productive way to to sustain and expand your network in a friendly and open digital environment.” says Sarah-Eden Dadoun, President & Managing Director at MTL+ Ecommerce.
eCom Summit will be featuring a lineup of more than 50 speakers, composed of top-tier executives and thought leaders that includes:
- Alison Leung, Head of eCommerce, Shopify
- Cameron Gordon, Head of communications, Twitter
- Vanessa Gaik, Head of Industry, Tiktok
- Catherine Laporte, VP Marketing, Lowes
- Simon Lejeune, Senior Director of User Acquisition at Wealthsimple
- Jose Martins, GTM Partnerships, Hubspot
- Mirna Saffouri, Vice President, Marketing and Digital Strategy, La vie en rose.
- Curtis Schlaufman, Head of Customer Success, Ubbersuggest
- Megha Jain, Director of Product Management, Shopify
- Steve Desjarlais, Co-founder Heyday by Hootsuite
- Jeremy Altman, VP Partherships, Paysafe Group
- Rodolphe Barrere, CEO, Potloc
- Virginie de Malavois, Managing Director , Labellium
- Ryan Drew, Director Personalisation and Growth, Dynamite Garage
- Kathy Tsokalos, VP Marketing & eCommerce, Reitmans/ Penningtons
- Diane Santerne, Managing Director,Sopexa Canada
- Corinne Lalonde, Associate Director eCommerce, SAQ
- Eric Labelle, Strategy & Innovation director, Noxent
- Nathalie Binda, Global VP Marketing and Digital, Kombi
- Vahe Kassardjian, Director of Digital, Deloitte
- Marni Weiner, CRO, Crowchange
- Jasmine Bouchard, eCommerce & Marketing Director, Rudsak
- Denis Lalonde, Chief of Information, Les Affaires.
- Lauren Shahanan, Sr Director Talent Attraction & Inclusion, SSENSE
“The need for a top-quality event in eCommerce & Retail in Quebec and Canada is real. Since the pandemic, many retailers have reported to be overwhelmed with the digital skills to acquire to move their store online. Our objective is to empower the retail and tech industry with the right strategies and tools to success in their digital transformation. This event will give MTL+Ecommerce the opportunity to reach an international audience and to feature Quebec digital innovation abroad
» More than ever, eCommerce is a necessity. We’re excited to be building an event of this quality and calibre in Quebec. We aim to position Montreal as the crossroad of the Future of Commerce » declares Quentin Hibon, Business Director at Mitacs & VP @MTL+Ecommerce.
MTL+Ecommerce is a non-profit organization dedicated to fostering digital education, encouraging innovation & facilitating business networking in the Retail & Tech industry. MTL+Ecommerce organizes events, Conferences & Workshops that bring together thousands of changemakers- a mix of Decision makers, retailers, industry leaders , marketers, retailers, developers, entrepreneurs, investors and students- to get inspired, acquire the latest digital skills, stay on top of eCommerce trends, discover emerging technologies and to embrace digital transformation with confidence.
Shopify is a leading provider of essential internet infrastructure for commerce, offering trusted tools to start, grow, market, and manage a retail business of any size. Shopify makes commerce better for everyone with a platform and services that are engineered for reliability, while delivering a better shopping experience for consumers everywhere. Proudly founded in Ottawa, Shopify powers over 1.7 million businesses in more than 175 countries and is trusted by brands such as Allbirds, Gymshark, Heinz, Staples Canada, and many more.
Qu'est ce que MTL+Ecommerce?
MTL+Ecommerce is a non-profit organization dedicated to driving the startup culture, fostering innovation & digital education, and facilitating business networking. It is a dynamic business community where the brightest entrepreneurs, executives, marketers, retailers, students and academics come together to get inspired, learn, collaborate and network. Through events, conferences, webinars, mentorship and business networking sessions, MTL+Ecommerce aims to create a more digital inclusive world. MTL+Ecommerce was founded in 2012 in Montreal for e-commerce & digital marketing professionals, tech enthusiasts and entrepreneurs. The organization counts 19,000 active members and strongly contributes to Montreal economic and business growth.